Welcome to White Plains
A Bustling City in the Heart of Westchester.
Home to almost one million people, White Plains is an electrifying city located just north of New York City. It is the commercial hub of Westchester and home to some of the finest shops and restaurants in Westchester County. White Plains is a great mix of an urban city and charming suburbia with many beautiful leafy neighborhoods making this a very desirable place to live.
- White Plains Senior High School received an overall A+ rating (niche.com, 2016)
Commuting / Travel
- Express Train from White
- Plains Train Station to Grand Central
- drive to Greenwich
- drive to Westchester Airport
- drive to LaGuardia Airport
- drive to JFK Airport
White Plains Fun Facts
- White Plains is home to the Westchester Philharmonic, the only professional symphony orchestra in Westchester.
- The Jacob Purdy House in White Plains was used as George Washington’s Headquarters in 1778.
- CEO of Facebook, Mark Zuckerberg, was born in White Plains.
- Church Street Elementary (K-5)
- George Washington Elementary (K-5)
- Mamaroneck Ave Elementary (K-5)
- Post Road Elementary (K-5)
- Ridgeway Elementary (K-5)
- Eastview Middle School (6-8)
- Highlands Middle School (6-8)
- White Plains High School (9-12)
- Rochambeau Alternative High School (9-12)
- 42 The Restaurant
- Haiku Asian Bistro
- Mulino’s of Westchester
- Emma’s Ale House
- BLT Steak
- Graziella’s Italian Bistro
- Asian Temptation
- Brother Jimmy’s BBQ
- The Westchester Mall
- The Galleria Mall
- Ebersole Ice Skating Rink
- Maple Moor Golf Course
- Saxon Woods Park
- Saxon Woods Mini Golf
- Silver Lake Preserve
- White Plains Performing Arts Center